Thursday, June 21, 2007

Entering Contest and Recipe

Found another contest on a blog (thanks!) that I am now entering. Hence the post of this recipe. This recipe actually came from my sister. It's one of my favorites and it is soooo easy to make that ANYONE can make it.

Frozen Peppermint Cheesecake

40 Chocolate vanilla wafers or cream-filled chocolate cookies, finely crushed
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup crushed hard peppermint candy
3 drops red liquid food coloring
2 cups whipping cream, whipped

Combine first 3 ingredients; firmly press onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of a springform pan. Chill. Beat cream cheese at high speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Stir in condensed milk, crushed candy, and red food coloring. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into prepared crust. Cover and freeze until firm.
My notes: I don't own a springform pan so I use just a good ole pie pan and it works great! Also, if you have left over filling you can drop spoonfuls onto wax paper covered cookie sheet. Pop it into your freezer and then you either have mini desserts or you can also drop one in on top of a mug of hot chocolate. YUM!
Another big thank you to my sister for introducing me to this recipe!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a DEE-LISH recipe! And you entered in the knick of time! I was just coming to get all the entries to do the drawing. I'll post soon! Good luck & thanks for playing!

Stacey said...

Very good tips there, both of them. That is, if I could manage to get leftovers to the freezer before I just ate them all myself! Hope your weekend is blessed, Kim.

Ingrid said...

Oh my gosh. This looks delicious! I came to check out your fest but found this recipe. Wowzers.

Anonymous said...

I have this on my menu for next week!! I'm so excited to try it!

Holly said...

That sounds fantastic! BTW, have you received your package from me?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails