Thursday, August 7, 2008

Friday's 40 Photo Challenge Is Back!

Okay...Pensieve has the Friday 40 PC back up and running again. (Okay, I took a few weeks off from it too.) To start us all back up she has posted a creepy photo. Most of you know that I'm not that fond of spiders and pretty much try to stay away from them at all times. When I saw this photo that she took of a Daddy Long Leg I thought first of all the camping trips we used to take when I was growing up and finding Daddy Long Leg spiders all over the place. My second thought was of the movie Daddy Long Legs featuring Fred Astaire and then my third thought was how in the world am I going to come up with a poem about spiders. Much less write something, anything, about spiders! So...here it is:




Spider, spider, whatcha doin'?
Are you lookin' for some lunch?


Eight legs and creepy lookin'.
Bet you can catch a bunch.


But wait...you only have seven!
Hope someone else didn't go crunch.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

hilarious!

Petula said...

LOL! Yea, that's funny.

Anonymous said...

I'd say that fits the bill! Great rhyme!

Geriatric Nursing said...

Unusual picture, I don't believe I've seen one so up close! Congratulations on winning the photo contest. Thanks for stopping by my Thursday Thirteen.

Michelle said...

My all time favorite movie is Daddy Long Legs! Other than that, I am with you spiders kind of creep me out! Cute poem!

CR said...

I hope you had a nice zoom lens to get that close!

Anonymous said...

Most excellent! I'm grinnin' ear to ear--he got his, huh?

Thanks for coming back...Friday's 40 is a nicer place with you around :).

Happy weekend!

:)

Carrie @carrieloves said...

Those spider pix creep me out! Love your crunch part {smiles}

Ms. Kathleen said...

This is so cute! I love that Astaire movie as well.

Tammy said...

I remember picking up spiders as a youngun and pulling there legs off! Great poem.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails