Thursday, August 13, 2009

Amazing Night Skies

Last night I let Sam stay up really late. We drove around until we a decent spot to watch the Perseid Meteor Shower. We didn't get to go on the peak night but what we did see was great! If you haven't watched a meteor shower before I highly recommend that you do at least one. And if you have kids take them with you. Your child will be amazed! I know that I'm already planning our next one as Sam and I have been bitten by the "bug" so to speak. When we came home from our trip up to see my parents we were able to bring home my dad's telescope to look at the skies. So far Sam and I were able to get a great glimpse of the full moon. He LOVED it! I wish that I had pictures of him using it but camera battery was dead. I have found a schedule of the remaining meteor showers. The Orionids Meteor Shower will be at it's peak on October 21, and will be best seen during the early morning hours. The Leonids Meteor Shower will be at it's peak during the night of November 17, and in the early morning hours of the 18th. The Geminids Meteor Shower will be at it's peak on the night of December 13, and in the early morning hours of the 14th.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails