Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Beef Taco Pie

Last night I was trying to think of something to do with the ground beef that I had thawed for dinner. So I threw some things together and I came up with Beef Taco Pie! What I love about this is that it can be made so many different ways!

Beef Taco Pie

1 lb Ground Beef (or any other meat)
6 Tortillas (I used
flour but you could use corn)
2 C Salsa (I used Wal-Mart All Natural Black
Bean and Corn Salsa)
Shredded Cheese
Doritos
Sour Cream
Cooking Spray

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Ground the beef and drain. Add in the salsa. Tear up 3 of the tortillas into bite size pieces and add to the mean mixtures. In a pie dish spray in some cooking spray and then use the remaining 3 tortillas as a pie shell. Then layer in the following manner: Beef mixture, a handful or so of crushed Doritos, a handful or so of Shredded Cheese and then repeat. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. I let it set for about 5 minutes before cutting into it. Once plated you can put on a spoonful of Sour Cream.


The above pictures are before it went into the oven.
The below pictures are after. YUM!

3 comments:

D... said...

Clever you! Yummmm

...just-rambling... said...

Looks good. I just copied the recipe.

Shelley said...

Visiting from Mom Bloggers Club!

This looks so yummy! I'm always looking for new recipes! I post a few on my blog :)

I'm now following your blog, Facebook fan and on Twitter (@lovebnamommy)!

Have a good night!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails