Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It's Only Tuesday?

It's hard to believe that it's only Tuesday!  This past weekend was a VERY LONG weekend.  Friday evening was spent here at home sewing and getting ready for Saturday.  Saturday it was rise and shine drag myself out of bed at 5 AM to get myself ready to take Sam 2 hours away for his Scout Camporall.  This is a District wide event and there were hundreds of boys out there.  Each Cub Scout Den goes around to the different Boy Scout Troops and participates in an activity for points.  Each activity is was worth 10 points each.  Sam and I had to leave in the afternoon so that I could make it back to work but we both had a fantastic time.  I kept in touch with the parents that were still out there so that Sam and I could learn how the Den had done.  By the end of the day Sam's Den had scored 97 out of a possible 100 but we still didn't know how they had placed overall.  I'm happy to report that Sam's Den took 1st place and now has the District Trophy! 

Sunday morning it was back up at 5 AM to get myself ready, finish making a casserole carrier (which will be on my Etsy store soon) and made a casserole.  I was up at the church by 6:50 to help set up for the breakfast that our Sunday School class was cooking for the winning classes in the canned food drive that we held.  I also played in the Hand Bell Choir in the first and third services as well as singing in the choir during the third service.  Sunday afternoon was spent watching football, crafting and getting ready for the week.

Monday morning I got up and went to work, came home and realized that my eyes were really fighting my contacts so I took them out and put my glasses back on.  I saw that my glasses were dirty so I went to clean them and they popped in half in my hands.  So back in went the contacts.  The day went as usual but it was back out to visit another Boy Scout Troop.  Sam really liked this one and so did I.  We didn't get home until around 9:30 last night. 

This morning while standing and working my crossing guard corner I lightly rubbed my left eye only to realize that my contact had torn in half.  DANG!  REALLY?  Now I have no contacts (it was my last pair) and no glasses.  So I'm sitting here with Duct Taped Glasses.  I'll be seeing the eye doctor next week (payday) and hope that everything will be back to normal with my eyes. 

With such a busy weekend and going full force into the week it's hard to believe that it's only Tuesday.

Oh...here are three quick pictures (they really don't do it justice and dinner is almost ready) at the casserole carrier that I made...

1 comment:

Debbie's L'Bri said...

Did you make the carrier with velcro... I like that. Mine is made with ties I don't like that and usually just wrap and not tie..
Pretty color.


Related Posts with Thumbnails