Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Three Boys and God

Early this morning as I was walking 3 boys across the street (I'm a crossing guard...remember?) when a couple of them ask me a question.  "Do you believe in God?" 

At first I wasn't sure quite what they asked me so I asked them to repeat the question.  "Do you believe in God?" 

My answer was, "Yes!" 

Then the third boy asked me "How do I know that He exists?" 

Now, remember I'm a school employee and the first thought that ran through my head was, how am I going to answer this...then I replied, "I know it in my heart!" 

The 2 boys that had originally asked me turned to the other boy and said, "See!  There is a God!". 

The third boy replied back, "But you can't see Him or feel Him."

I replied, "Isn't there some things that you know are there but you can't see or feel?" 

The first two boys replied back with me in agreement.  Then they went on to name of quite a few teachers and the principal of the school stating the he could go ask anyone of them and they would say that, "Yes, there is a God!"

Makes you feel good to hear kids talking about God and trying to convince a friend too!

1 comment:

Sarah @ Sugar Bananas said...

awww, what a sweet story. It made me smile :) Thanks for sharing.

Sarah

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails