Friday, January 7, 2011

Book Review ~ The Truth of the Matter


From the backcover:
Ever since he woke up in a terrorist torture chamber--with a year of his life erased from his mind--Charlie West has been on the run.  He has one desperate hope of getting his life back: trade down the mysterious agent named Waterman. But in fact, reaching Waterman--and recovering the secrets lost in his own memory--will only increase his danger.  Because a team of ruthless killers is rapidly closing in on him, determined to stop him from finding the answers.  And the truth of the matter is more incredible...and more deadly...than he could ever imagine.

Book Description (from BookSneeze):
Charlie is certain that if he could just regain his memory, the chaos around him would make sense. But the truth of the matter is even more incredible than he could imagine.

Charlie West was an ordinary high school kid who went to bed one night and woke up in the clutches of terrorists and wanted by the police for murder. He also woke up with no memory of the events of the past year.

Now Charlie has found the one person who knows what happened . . . and who can help him remember. But remembering is painful--as well as dangerous--and figuring out what to do with this new knowledge may be Charlie's toughest challenge yet.

My Review:

I have only read this current book which is the third book so far in The Homelanders series.  I normally do not read a book out of order but from what I had read in other reviews is that it was a book series that was so well written that you didn't need to start with the first one.  So when I saw that it was being offered as a book to review for Thomas Nelson's BookSneeze program I thought that I would give it a try.  They were right! The author, Andrew Klavan manages to tuck all of the previous important details into the book, without making it feeling like a recap. This is an amazing book filled with so much action that I felt like I was on a roller coaster.  I'd give you more insight but then I would be giving parts of it away.  What the backcover and book description say above is enough.  I will definitely read the first two books and await the 4th book that is due out on Aug 2, 2011.




Note: This book was provided to me free of charge to review through the Booksneeze bloggers program. The opinions in the review are my own; my only compensation was the book.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails