Today is Tuesday so it's time for Tasty Tuesday! Today I'm going to share with you a Mexican Enchilada Sauce. This is a sauce that I found years ago once I realized that I could make it a whole lot cheaper than buying cans of it at the store.
Mexican Enchilada Sauce
3 tablespoons chili powder
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon oregano
3 cups water
1 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stirring constantly, slowly add enough of the water to make a thin paste.
- Pour into pan and add rest of water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Stir in tomato sauce.
- Use in your favorite enchilada recipe.