Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tasty Tuesday ~ Sweet Potatoes and Pears



It's Tuesday and time to jump on the Tasty Tuesday Blog Hop. If you've never participated before it's a lot of fun. Just head on over to 33 Shades of Green to see what it's all about. You can link up there, here or on anyone that has the blog hop on their post! It's a great way to find new recipes!

This past weekend our Sunday School class decided to have Easter dinner together since most of us do not have family close by.  There were 22 of us and I did a lot of baking and cooking.  I'll probably be sharing most of those recipes here in the following weeks.  I have one for you today.  And as usual I adapted the recipe to what I had and I've tried to make it more user friendly.  Let me tell you that these are soooo yummy and they went quickly at our dinner. 


Sweet Potatoes and Pears

Ingredients: 

7-9 sweet potatoes of average size (I used 8)

1 (15 ounce) can pear halves, drained
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened (depending on the amount of sweet potatoes you may use up to 1 stick of butter)
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

Directions:
  1. Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees (F).  Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork.  Line a baking sheet (or two) with foil and place potatoes on the baking sheet(s).  
  2. Bake for 40-60 minutes.  I went for 45 on the smaller ones and 55 on the larger ones.  
  3. Remove and let cool to the touch.
  4. Remove the skins and put the potatoes into a mixing bowl.
  5. Add the remaining ingredients and beat together until combined.
  6. Place in a serving bowl and enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails