Thursday, August 23, 2007

Fall Felted Bag Exchange Questionnaire

After felting my first bag I am hooked! I have joined in on the Fall Felted Bag Exchange. Below in my required questionnaire.

1. How long have you been knitting or crocheting? How did you learn? or from whom?
I have been knitting for just about over 2 years. I had tried to teach myself before but it just didn't work so I picked up crocheting. Then my son bought me a Teach Yourself to Knit kit for Christmas a couple of years back and I did it! I taught myself to knit and I haven't turned back.

2. What was your first felted object, and why did you decide to try felting?
I joined a the International Tote Exchange IV and fell in love with felting.

3. What are your favorite colors? Any you hate?
I really like all colors. I guess if I was pushed to pick a few I would have to say that I like blues, reds, burgundy and greens.

4. What are your favorite styles\types of bags? (Long straps? Short handles? Handbags? Totes? Embellished? Plain? Include links to patterns or photos if you’d like – give your pal an idea of what you enjoy!)
I love all bags (well maybe not the small hand held bags). No really, I do!

5. What handbag or bag are you carrying today? Do you use a separate bag to carry your knitting?
I have a handbag that has a short/medium length handle that does not have much of a closure. Yes, most times I use a separate bag to carry my knitting. But if it's a small project I just carry it along with me.

6. What other things do you enjoy knitting or crocheting?
I love to do both knitting and crocheting. I am more prone to pick up knitting right now instead of crocheting.
7. What sort of needles do you enjoy working with? (straights vs circs, bamboo vs aluminum)
I love working with any wood needles and also like circulars for some types of projects.

8. What’s one project you’ve not yet tried but are dying to make?
I would love to make a sweater. I haven't tried my hand at it yet but I think I will soon.

9. What’s one yarn you’ve not yet tried but are dying to work with?
That's a good question. I'm really starting to work with more natural fibers. I have yet to work with any silk type fibers and would welcome working with that.

10. What other hobbies do you have? Do you spin? Sew? Garden?
I love to cross stitch, sew, quilt and just create in general. Also love to work outside and garden or have plants inside of my house.

11. Besides yarn, do you collect anything?
I collect depression glass when I have a chance which hasn't been for quite some time.

12. What kind of goodies do you enjoy? Sweets? Salty? Anything you hate or are allergic to?
Love food so anything goes!

13. Do you have any kiddos? (Furry kind count!)
We have one son that we adopted when he was 4 months old and he is now 7 1/2 years old and in 2nd grade. WOW! Oh, yes we do have the furry kind too. We have 2 dogs and 4 cats.

14. What kind of project best personifies you and why?
Anything that I can learn something new.

15. What is your favorite part of Autumn? You can also share a special Autumn memory if you'd prefer!
I would have to say that my favorite part of Autumn would be the colors and the cool crisp days.

16. Tell us 3 things you would do if you won 10 million dollars in the lottery.
1. Pay off all of our debts.
2. Put away enough money to retire on and pay for our sons college.
3. Build our dream home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Kim! I've just been assigned as your "secret pal" for the FFBE! I had a very good time with the SFBE, so I'm looking forward to spoiling you in this one! I will be in touch via email too!
Your FFBE Secret Pal!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Hey Kim! I tagged you! Check it out at my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails