Thursday, May 29, 2008

SP12 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I'll start with what I don't like and that's scratch acrylic. I can handle some acrylic but really don't like acrylic that much at all. What I like to knit with natural fibers.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Store needles??? Am I supposed to store them in something??? hehehe I either can find my needles on a project, in a pencil container on my desk or somewhere in my craft room.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I started knitting after the Christmas of 2004 when my son gave me a teach yourself to knit kit. I learned how to knit and really haven't stopped yet. I would consider myself an intermediate knitter.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Not yet but I'm putting one together! I'll post it in my sidebar once I get it up and going.

5. What's your favorite scent?
Gardenia and Magnolia would be the top two. In fact they are a tie for first.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Oh, boy, do I ever have a sweet tooth! Favorite candy would have to be a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. That and anything chocolate!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I cross stitch, sew, quilt a bit and try to do just about every other craft out there. I love fixing up things around the house too.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I generally listen to Contemporary Christian music but also love the music styles of the 80's, 70's, 60's, and 50's. Love Classical music too. Oh...and musicals too!

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand
My favorite color would probably be blue.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married to Andy for almost 17 years. One son, Sam, that we adopted when he was 4 months old, he's now 8 years old. Have two dogs, 3 cats, 1 hermit crab, 1 fish and I think that is plenty!

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves, hats, mittens and ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Favorite item to knit right now is socks! Love to knit socks. In fact I have two pairs on the needles right now.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Gee, I should have read this question before I answered the one before....Socks!

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Of course! Who doesn't?

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
It all depends on the project. I use straight and circular needles, bamboo and aluminum.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Nope I sure don't...but one day I will.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Probably about a year and a half old. I have a couple of scarves that I got bored of so now they are sitting there waiting for me to pick them up again. I probably will again soon as they will make good summer projects while I run Sam around.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas!!!

19. Is there anything that you collect?
I collect snowmen. Also anything Americana and Lighthouses.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
As far as magazines: Interweave Knits and Creative Knitting are two magazines that I have subscribed to in the past but they have now run out.
As far as Books: I would love to get my hands on: Favorite Socks 25 Timeless Designs from Interweave

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I would love to learn the Magic Loop and also Knitting Two Socks on Circulars.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, I'm a sock knitter. 8 3/4" is the circumference. I do, however, have a very short feet. They measure in length: 8 1/4" from heal to toe. If I measure to the ball of my foot it's 6". I've never measured for the socks that I make except for the length to make sure my sock doesn't come out to long.

23. When is your birthday?
My birthday is September 19th.

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID
Yes I am! My id is MisplacedMidwest

If there is anything else my wonderful partner wants to know please email me and I'll get the answers to you! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails