Sunday, January 3, 2010

Resolutions?

I've been doing quite a bit of reading today and since the 1st of January about people's resolutions. I have to say that I've seen a lot of the same as last year. I don't know if I really like resolutions or not. With that said there are a few things that I would like to improve on for myself.

I'd like to see myself blogging every day. See below post.

I'd like to be more active and be healthier. For this one I'm going to join in with A Classic Housewife in a Modern World and exercise for 31 days. I first heard about this through my dear friend Rachel over at The Science of Music and thought that this might be something I could possibly do. I haven't started yet due to the fact that I'm fighting a terrible cough right now. I will try to dig out my Yoga DVD or find some to do on the internet. At least that way I'll be doing something. Not only are we are to exercise daily in the month of January but we are to blog daily about the exercise. I don't think I'll blog about it daily but I'll at least do updates on how I've done. I don't have any grandiose plans of losing a lot of weight but it sure would be nice and hey, it might get me into the habit of actually being more active! Now that would be great!

I'd like to read more. Not just fiction either. I really like non-fiction but I just don't seem to read it much lately.

I'd like to learn more about taking pictures. By this I mean that I'd like to learn more than to just point and shoot.

I know that this isn't much of a list. I actually have more but I don't want to overwhelm myself. I think that this list is doable and once I get it going then I'll add more to it.

How about you?

3 comments:

D... said...

I would like to blog and exercise more, too. I'm not off to a great start but the year is still young. ;)

I would also like to complete a true knitted project and crochet project. I have one of each unfinished. Hee!

I wish I could read non-fiction. It just does not interest me. Isn't that horrible? As much as I read, I should really try to incorporate some but, alas, there are too many comforting mysteries to read.

Amber Page Writes said...

Blogging and exercising are definite musts for me...as is learning to be good to myself.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

That's a good list - reasonable, doable, nothing outrageous.

I'm doing the exercise challenge for January and hoping that I can continue regular exercise into the rest of the year. That's what the challenge is about anyway.

I also am wanting to expand my sewing capabilities. I'm planning on practicing some things on scrap fabric starting next week, once I recover from Christmas break. :)

Mostly, I want this year to be God-driven, not me-driven.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails