Sunday, August 22, 2010

Public School???

With the school year about to begin I've been pretty worried about my son going into 5th grade and moving up to the Intermediate school. You see Sam has ADHD, ODD and Anxiety. Along with all of that he would be meeting up with some old bullies along with some current ones and his best (and pretty much only) friend moved into another school district. That alone was sending his anxiety level sky high as you can only imagine. With all of that in mind I started looking at different options that would be available to us. Sam has been begging me to homeschool him since he was in the 2nd grade. I would have felt comfortable back then but not anymore so that option was pretty much out of the picture (I would have had I not found something else). The something else that I found is Connections Academy. They are a FREE Online Public School. They provide all of the materials, supplies along with the computer and monitor! We have now have a desk for him and have everything set up and ready to go for tomorrow.  Can't wait to start this new venture.  Here is a video all about the school.  Check it out!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck in the virtual school. We are homeschooling my middle child, Nathan this year due to bullying and anxiety issues that he had last year. I hope this venture is a good option for your family. Hugs to you my friend!

Anonymous said...

Praying for Sam (and you) as y'all start on this new adventure together! Here's to an excellent school year!

Anonymous said...

Praying for Sam (and you) as y'all start on this new adventure together! Here's to an excellent school year!

Anonymous said...

Hi new friend, I am now following you via MBC.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails