Friday, September 24, 2010

Dairy and Cheese Farm Visit

I have been busier than busy!  Normally I can see myself coming and going but this past week I haven't even been able to do that.  I'm really looking forward to this evening though.  Sam will be spending the night up at the church with his Cub Scout Pack and Andy and I are going to have a quiet evening at home.  Probably won't do much but watch a movie but you know what?  That's fine with me!  I might even get some knitting or cross stitching done.  Or I might not do a thing.

This past Wednesday Sam and I, along with some other families that are enrolled in Connections Academy, traveled to a dairy and cheese farm.  It was so much fun!  I now have fresh cheese, eggs and milk!  The cheese is wonderful and I can't wait to taste the milk.  I still have just a bit left of the last gallon of milk in the fridge so I'm trying to finish that as quickly as I can so that I can dive into the yummy goodness of this fresh milk.  The farm was 2 hours away but it was well worth the trip.  They even had calves that were less than a week old.  As we held out our hands they would suckle on our fingers.  They are so sweet and gentle to be around.  Here are a couple of pictures of them.



They showed us how they made their cheese from separating the curds from the whey, to pressing the cheese, to placing the cheese wheels into their cave for aging and then to tasting!  YUM!  They are a wonderful family and it was nice to see a family farm and everyone working in it instead of a big industrial one. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails