Saturday, September 25, 2010

I Had A Coupon

Yes, I do clip coupons and I do use a lot of them.  I try to clip the ones that I know I'll use but this one just happened to jump off the coupon page and into my pile the other week.  I've taken him with me several times to the store but I never seemed to make myself use him.  You see I hate purchasing something if I don't need it.  But this one was to hard to resist.  So last week I finally broke down and used my lonely little coupon that had been making the trips to the grocery store.  What did I purchase you ask?  I purchased, with the help of my coupon (a $1.00 off), a bag of the new Pretzel M & Ms.  I also knew that I just didn't want us to eat them out of the bag.  So I put together a cookie recipe using them.

I made 3 dozen cookies earlier this week and Sam has declared them the best cookies I've ever made!  That is high praise around here.  Now it's Saturday afternoon and there are just 4 cookies left.  So...would you like to have the recipe?  I thought so. 

M & M Pretzel Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 9 oz package of Pretzel M & Ms
Sea Salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla.  In medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt; blend into butter/sugar mixture a little bit at a time.  Stir in Pretzel M & Ms.  Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls (I used a cookie scoop) 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle a small pinch of sea salt on the top of each cookie (trust me...it really makes the cookies taste fantastic).  Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and centers are soft.  Cool 2 minutes on the cookie sheet and then cook completely on wire racks.  Makes approx. 3 dozen.

1 comment:

Manders said...

Thanks for this!! Will try it next week!! Those pretzels M&Ms are the BOMB!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails