Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Dragons of the Valley ~ Book Review




I received a complimentary copy of this book from Water Brook through there Blogging for Books program.  I have finished reading "Dragons of the Valley" by Donita K. Paul and I would have to say that it was enjoyable! I hadn’t read the first book in the series so I was worried I wouldn’t know what was going on, but Donita K. Paul does a fantastic job of getting the story going with no knowledge from the prior book. I also loved the fact that there is an appendix in the back of the book that helps with the terms of some of the words used in this sci-fi world.  VERY HELPFUL!  Dragons of the Valley was exciting from start to finish. And now I really want to read the first book as well as the next book in the series!  I also enjoy the fact that this book is a Christian Fantasy Fiction.  I love the fact that Paul didn't shy away from writing this story with the purpose of revealing God to her readers. This is book 2 in a new series and it follows book one titled "The Vanishing Sculptor". Which is now a book that I'm going to have to read before going on to the next one.  This is a book however that you can read without reading the first one. I would definitely recommend this book for those that are pre-teen and older especially if you love sci-fi books!

Product Description

War threatens the peaceful land of Chiril… can one painter-turned-reluctant-swordsman really help?

With an invasion of her country imminent, Tipper Schope is drawn into a mission to keep three important statues from falling into the enemy’s clutches. Her friend, the artist Bealomondore, helps her execute the plan, and along the way he learns to brandish a sword rather than a paintbrush.

As odd disappearances and a rash of volatile behavior sweep Chiril, no one is safe. A terrible danger has made his vicious presence known: The Grawl, a hunter unlike any creature encountered before.

To restore their country, Tipper, Bealomondore, and their party must hide the statues in the Valley of the Dragons and find a way to defeat the invading army. When it falls to the artistic Bealomondore to wield his sword as powerfully and naturally as a paintbrush, will he answer Wulder’s call for a champion? 

About the Author

Donita K. Paul is a retired teacher and author of numerous novellas, short stories, and nine novels, including the best-selling DragonKeeper Chronicles. The winner of multiple awards, she lives in Colorado Springs, Colorado, where she spends time mentoring and encouraging writers.


1 comment:

nikki @ for the love of books said...

Hi! I read your review and rated it on Blogging for books. I'd really appreciate it if you could return the favor! Thanks! You can find the links to my new reviews on my blog here http://nikki-fortheloveofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/06/help-me-out-rate-my-reviews.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails