Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wordless and Wordful Wednesday ~ Popsicle!




We are finally in our new house but have yet to finish unpacking. YEAH!  I thought that I would take a break and post my Wordless/Wordful Wednesday post.

With the temperatures we've had lately (in the 100s for days on end and no rain in sight) a good Popsicle is a great way to cool off.  I'm going to be trying some different recipes soon and if they are any good I'll share them with you here.  This one that Sam and I enjoyed today was super simple.  Just make up your favorite jello flavor (we used cherry) according to the package instructions and then pour into your popsicle molds or paper dixie cups and freeze.  I do have to say that frozen jello has a different texture than most popsicles but they are still soooo good on a hot day.

If you would like to see more Wordless photos head on over to Wordless Wednesday, 5 Minutes for Mom, Live and Love...Out Loud, Project Alicia and J. Leigh Designz. Now if you're like me and sometimes you can't stay wordless head on over to see some Wordful Wednesday photos at Parenting by Dummies.  Don't forget to sign the Linky below.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've been enjoying popsicles here, too! Only I just pour some juice in and freeze. I could get fancier, but the kids don't know the difference. :)

MERYL JAFFE, PhD - parent, psychologist, teacher, author... said...

Those look delicious!

RetroCollage said...

They look refreshing!

Mimi N said...

Those look yummy!

~Mimi

Esme Sy said...

Yummy and refreshing!

Goblin Goblin's Pie

Amy @ BabyBabyLemon said...

Yum!

kewkew said...

I loved when my mom made popsicles when I was younger.
I really love that last shot. What a face.

Shanda said...

Looks Yummy. thanks for hosting

Terra Heck said...

Great photos! Popsicles make a refreshing treat on a hot day.

Brigita T Alvarado Photography said...

great photos - it is so hot here I would love one of this popsicles :)

Beth F said...

Summer fun! Love the colors of the Popsicle maker.

Unknown said...

I love homemade pops!

Amy Clary said...

Yum! Somehow I totally fail at homemade popsicles. I'm not sure how it's possible but I just never like the flavor of them. lol

Melissa {AllSewnUp} said...

we just got a set of pop molds, so fun!

Annie said...

His face in that last picture is hilarious!

Unknown said...

Popsicles are always a must around here during the summer! Great shots =) I'm a new follower and I linked up! Would love a follow back!
www.cookinformycaptain.blogspot.com

SMHMama said...

I love popsicles, and so does my son. We haven't made any this season yet though. We had some that I bought and I'm trying to finish them off before making any. I never thought about using jello mix, I figured when I was reading it the texture might be a little weird. I'll have to try it to see for myself.

Good Girl Gone Green said...

Stopping by from WW...I didn't have enough time yesterday to look through all the photos! Some one likes popsicles as much as I do....lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails