Thursday, September 29, 2011

Booking Through Thursday

Thought I would answer the Booking Through Thursday question(s) this week.  It's been awhile since I've participated and I'm looking forward to seeing some of your answers as well.  To play along just click on the link. 

1. What do you think of reading aloud/being read to? Does it bring back memories of your childhood? Your children’s childhood?
It does bring back memories...I loved being read to and my parents were great at that.  I also read aloud to my son...even now.  He's 11 1/2 (can't forget the 1/2) and he would prefer that over reading himself.  I think that reading out loud to your children is one of the best things that you can do for them.  It increases their love of reading and it will show them how much you love it as well.  It's really a win win situation.

2. Does this affect the way you feel about audio books?
I love listening to audio books and I do think it affected the way that I feel about them.  I love hearing how they change their voices or inflections in certain passages.  But I do have to say that as far as listening to audio books I much prefer listening to fiction over non-fiction.  

3. Do you now have times when you read aloud or are read to?
I think that reading aloud sometimes will make me understand a passage that I'm having a hard time with. When I read with my son I often have him read aloud to me.  It gives me and my voice a break and I love listening to him read.  He's learned to change his voice as well as he goes along and it just makes my heart melt.

I'd love to know your answers....link up by clicking on the link above and sharing with everyone or just leave me your answers here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails