Monday, October 10, 2011

Healing Hands for Arthritis ~ October 12

I think the year was 1997 when I went to my Doctor with complaints of overall pain.  I told him that I had experienced this pain for several years and was then to the point that I couldn't take it much longer and needed to find out what was causing it.  After quite a few tests I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.  At that time I had never heard or it or had I known anyone that had it.  He gave me a quick overview and described to me that Fibromyalgia affects the muscles and soft tissue.  In addition to pain and fatigue, people who have fibromyalgia may experience a variety of other symptoms including:
  • cognitive and memory problems (sometimes referred to as “fibro fog”)
  • sleep disturbances
  • morning stiffness
  • headaches
  • irritable bowel syndrome
  • painful menstrual periods
  • numbness or tingling of the extremities
  • restless legs syndrome
  • temperature sensitivity
  • sensitivity to loud noises or bright lights
Now about 2 years ago I was diagnosed with Arthritis in my hands.  There are times where in combination with the pain from the Fibromyalgia and now the Arthritis that I can have a very hard time getting the easy and small tasks done.  But I carry on.  One way treatment that I find just wonderful is massage therapy.  After a session there I feel like I don't have either!  It's just so wonderful to have a day or so without so much pain.

I am happy to partner up with Massage Envy here in the DFW area to help promote the Healing Hands for Arthritis event.   Read further to find out how you can help.

Massage Envy, the pioneer and national leader of professional, convenient and affordable massage and spa services, has partnered with the Arthritis Foundation to host Healing Hands for Arthritis, a one-day national event to build awareness and raise funds to fight arthritis.

On World Arthritis Day, October 12, 2011, Massage Envy will donate $10 from every one-hour massage and facial to the Arthritis Foundation. Prices range from $39 - $69 for facials and massages depending on location.

"At Massage Envy, we witness the debilitating effects arthritis can have on our members and guests every day and recognize that more must be done to help raise awareness and find a cure for the 50 million adults and 300,000 children currently suffering," said Massage Envy President and COO Dave Crisalli. "I encourage everyone to participate in Healing Hands for Arthritis on October 12 by calling their local Massage Envy today and booking an appointment for this wonderful event."


Appointments are now being accepted for the Healing Hands for Arthritis event. To schedule your massage or facial, contact your local Massage Envy clinic. All proceeds donated during Healing Hands for Arthritis will support the Arthritis Foundation's education, research and advocacy initiatives to control and cure arthritis and related diseases.

Additionally, Murad®, Massage Envy Spa's exclusive skin care partner, will donate 10 percent of all sales from their products sold at Massage Envy Spa locations during the event to the Arthritis Foundation. Wyndmere, Massage Envy's retail partner at all locations, will also donate 10% of all their retail sales on event day.

With consumers visiting massage therapists at least 140 million times a year, it is evident that more Americans are turning to therapeutic massage to relieve the painful symptoms of arthritis and fibromyalgia, while improving circulation, joint flexibility, sleep patterns and an overall sense of well-being. The experienced, professional therapists at Massage Envy clinics can design effective and customized massage treatments to address the individual needs of any member or guest.


In exchange for this post, I will be receiving complimentary massage at Massage Envy.

1 comment:

Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon Designs said...

What a fabulous cause! I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in Fall of 2010 and SLE this last winter, so I know how your days go. Bless you for supporting such a wonderful event. Wishing you many pain-free and fogless days!

Take care,

Trish

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails